The Sanctity of Life Ministry promotes the culture of life and to defend life from conception to natural death. As Christians, we are called to defend human life and to work for peace based on justice for all – born and unborn, young and old, sick and well. Our faith also calls us to bring our values to the public life of the nation, to use “our everyday opportunities and responsibilities, our voices and votes to defend human life, human dignity, and human rights” (U.S. Catholic Bishops, A Century of Social Teaching, 1990).
What Can We Do?
- Treat all people with reverence for their value and dignity. We can make sure that we fully understand the Church’s teaching about the sacredness of every human life.
- Nurture and care for those who are sick, dying, or afflicted by poverty or spiritual despair.
- Work for laws and policies to relieve the economic burdens that pressure some women to obtain abortions.
- Help to change attitudes that accept abortion as a solution to individual and social problems.
- Pray that our nation will avoid deadly violence and promote solutions to human problems that respect human life and dignity.
- Join the Respect Life Ministry in our parish. With others in the group, teach about the sanctity of human life, help those in need, and advocate laws and policies that affirm human life.